Welcome to Consumer Directed Choices
A nonprofit organization founded and managed by people with disabilities and their families. With the expertise of the "end users" of home care, Consumer Directed Choices created the genuine Consumer Directed Personal Assistance Services (CDPAS) in the greater Capital Region.
Purchase Tickets for The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom for Just $25.00-A Savings of
$27.99 off of The Main Gate Admission Price!
CDC is participating in coasters for a cause. Specific dates apply. Click here to order your tickets today and view additional offers!
Our late founder, Constance Laymon, speaks with "the Subject Matters," Joe Condon
about the CDC Program.Published 3/16/2011
Why Use Consumer Directed Choices?
- CDC is a nonprofit founded by people with disabilities.
- CDC’s Board of Directors is a balanced group of program users, their family members and other individuals dedicated to the Consumer’s right to manage.
- CDC’s sole focus is the Consumer Directed Program.
- We are experts for you with 16 staff members who operate locally in the Greater Capital Region rather than a home office in another area of the state.
- We offer educational seminars and tools to assist you in being a successful "Employer."
- Recruitment Assistance though the RAIS.
- CDC staff can accommodate your program administration needs – in your home, office or over the telephone – flexibility based on your preference.
- Home care Personal Assistant workers receive a more than competitive wage with health, dental, paid time off, holiday differentials and more!
CDC staff wants you to be an individual and will guide the process to keep necessary paperwork up to date so you can do what is important – choose who comes in your home, when, what and how things are done. The Board of Directors has an important role in guiding the organization and CDC has continually fostered a diverse group with appropriate expertise. They are also a group with direct experience within their own lives, have family members with disabilities or possess the tools needed to guide the company in the right direction.