Our team at CDChoices is currently looking for a Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A). This role will report to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and will be responsible for providing direction throughout the agency on the overall planning, monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of the agency’s financial performance. The Director of FP&A will prepare and maintain metric-driven financial models used to forecast and evaluate agency and program profitability and perform additional analysis as requested.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the budgeting, forecasting, long-term planning, implementation, and strategic business analysis.
- Conducts financial analysis, modeling, forecasting, and reports efforts to ensure efficient financial operations.
- Reviews analysis results and develops insightful investment, sourcing, and cost reduction suggestions.
- Develops budgets, policies, and procedures to support the functional infrastructure of FP&A.
- Develops, audits, and reviews complex financial models to ensure they are accurate and updated to reflect changing business needs.
- Establish processes to ensure accurate and timely completion of financial planning consolidations.
- Coordinate various planning cycles (annual planning, quarterly forecasts, and monthly outlooks) and prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly management reviews.
- Understand historical performance and key assumptions and trends that may impact future performance by close contact with the CEO, CFO, and VP of Operations and in frequent contact with all areas of the agency, including operations, marketing, finance, and accounting.
- Monitor cash flow and financial transactions; assess the agency’s spending and implement strategies to reduce costs.
- Prepares analysis and presentation materials for the Finance Committee and finance-related resources for other committees of the Board of Directors.
- Complete special projects timely to aid in senior leadership’s decision-making process such as identifying potential acquisition targets, due diligence analysis, integration, and divestitures; identifying workflow inefficiency that arises from technical systems and tools and when appropriate, provide information to senior leadership to determine the size of a given market and potential opportunities in which the agency may have a competitive advantage.
Qualifications, Knowledge, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, or a closely related field.
- Minimum 5 years experience in finance, financial forecasting, planning, and financial modeling.
- Knowledge and support of independent living philosophies preferred.
- Personal experience with disabilities or professional experience working with or for an agency that serves seniors and/or people with disabilities preferred.
Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
The ideal candidate must be proactive and have analytical skills while having the ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, the individual must have:
- Exceptional attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Ability to think critically and question the output of financial models or investment cases and consider options for improvement or provide thoughtful alternatives.
- Proactive, results-oriented, diligent, and highly accurate with strict attention to detail in meeting critical deadlines.
- Direct experience working with business models.
- Extremely knowledgeable in financial forecasting, accounting principles, and financial data analysis.
CDChoices, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Salary: $90,000 – $120,000 per year (Salary commensurate with experience and qualifications)